Monday, April 12, 2010

Trust and Success

Faith is not just a thought or an emotion, but a constant effort that must be worked towards. Trusting God, really honestly, sincerely trusting God, means an entire release of those things that you feel lift you up and bring you down. It is effortless to trust God with the things that we see as easy and will solve themselves. One of the tests of faith is trusting God with the things that don’t seem so clear or easy to us.

What success is to us and what success is to God can be two very different things. I am a point in my life where I am seeking what God wants for me and my family. As God reveals those things to me, I find my plans conformed to God’s heart. As I seek His heart, I am committing my plans to Him in the process. Seeking my King’s heart is success. Asking God to use me is success. My love for my King is success. A degree is the desire of my heart, and so I know that it is also important to God.

We are told in James 2:14-18 that faith without works is dead. Where do we draw the line between trusting God to provide versus seeking out that provision?

0 Comments: